Child Protective Services


Reykjavik Child Protective Services (CPS) assists children and parents with serious problems ensure the future well-being and safety of children through a wide range of counseling, support and professional solutions.

When should I file a report with Child Protective Services?

If you believe a child is living in a situation that is in any way undesirable or adversely affecting their health, well-being or development, please do not hesitate to file a report with Child Protective Services. If you think a child is at risk, call 112 immediately.

Support from Child Protective Services

Parents and children with pending child protection cases can receive a wide range of support and counseling. Parents are consulted when developing a plan for how the support is provided.