Seniors are diverse and have different needs. Some people in the group need help with basic daily activities while others need little or no day to day service. The goal is for people to live in their own homes for as long as they choose, getting various support that allows them to lead meaningful lives and participate actively in society.
Home support is based on people’s living situation. It includes social interaction and support for daily tasks and general housekeeping. You may be eligible for home support if you need assistance due to reduced ability, stress, illness or family circumstances.
It is important for all people to be able to have a hearty and nutritious meal every day. People who can't cook on their own can have food delivered right to their door. The food is prepared at the production kitchen of the welfare department at Vitatorg.
Active participation in social activities livens up the day and counters social isolation. There are many community centers in Reykjavik, offering a variety of fun and rewarding activities for adults.
What do you want to explore next?
- Driving services for older people To the store, to the doctor or for visiting friends
- Lunch at Community Centers A nutritious meal in a cozy setting
- Serviced apartments In a serviced apartment you have access to the services you need at the place where you live
- Adult Day Care Do you live at home and need a little extra help?
- Home Nursing Home health care
- Nursing Homes Nursing services around the clock
- Culture Pass 67+ Unlimited access to all Reykjavik City museums
- Swimming Pools Swimming is free for ages 67 and over