Specially marked parking spaces


Disabled people with reduced mobility who have difficulty getting to and from a public parking space may be eligible for a specially marked parking space at their house. Such parking spaces, commonly called P-parks, are set up at the legal residence of individuals and only on land owned by the City of Reykjavik.

Am I entitled to services?

To be eligible for a specially marked P-space, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Own legal residence in Reykjavík.
  • Living with chronic mobility problems and being assessed in need of specially marked parking.
  • The parking space applied for shall be on city land.

P-parking may

not be allocated if a parking space is included in the applicant's apartment.

How do I apply for P parking?

You fill in the form of an application on My Pages. It also requires the submission of the following supporting documents:

  • Picture of a P-card, issued by a county.
  • Medical certificate with information on mobility.

A property transfer agreement may be requested if parking information accompanying a property is not available.

The application is taken for processing at a service centre. The CoR's confidential doctor reviews medical certificates and calls for necessary information from the CoR's Environmental Protection and Planning Directorate, the Parking Fund and the Metropolitan Police.

As a result of this, the application is processed at a meeting of a committee composed of representatives of the welfare, environment and logistics and the confidential doctor of the city of Reykjavik. Thereafter, a written agreement is concluded with a provision on the notification requirement for changing circumstances, e.g. if they move or no longer have a need for the stand. The duration of this contract is a maximum of 5 years.

Who installs signage at the P-place?

The CoR has a sign made at the P site and installed. The applicant pays for the sign itself, but not the installation. If changes need to be made to the streets or parking lots in the city's country due to the installation of the sign, this is at the expense of the City of Reykjavik.

Where can I find out more?

For more information, contact the staff of the Laugardalur and Highland Service Centres.

  • Send an email tolaugardalur.haaleiti@reykjavik.is
  • Call 411 1500